Devkund Waterfall is a hidden gem in the heart of the Sahyadri mountain range of Maharashtra, India. Surrounded by lush green forests and hills, this picturesque waterfall is a natural wonder that offers visitors a serene and breathtaking view. The waterfall is formed by the confluence of three small streams and cascades from approximately 80 feet, creating a mesmerizing sight that leaves a lasting impression on anyone who witnesses it.
Location and Accessibility: How to Reach Devkund Waterfall
Devkund Waterfall is located in the Bhira village of Raigad district in Maharashtra, India. It is situated at a distance of around 150 kilometers from Mumbai and 100 kilometers from Pune. The waterfall is nestled amidst the dense forests of the Western Ghats, and the journey to reach it is an adventure.
Here are some ways to reach Devkund Waterfall:
- By Road: The easiest way to reach Devkund Waterfall is by road. One can take a bus or hire a taxi from Mumbai or Pune to reach Bhira village, the base point for the trek to the waterfall.
- By Train: The nearest railway station to Devkund Waterfall is Kolad, around 30 kilometers away. From there, one can hire a taxi or bus to Bhira village.
- By Air: The nearest airport to Devkund Waterfall is the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport in Mumbai, around 150 kilometers away. One can take a taxi or bus from the airport to Bhira village.
Unveiling the Serene and Picturesque Setting of Devkund Waterfall
The setting of Devkund Waterfall is nothing short of breathtaking. As you make your way through the lush green forests of the Sahyadri mountain range, you will be mesmerized by the beauty of the surroundings. The trail to the waterfall is dotted with tall trees, shrubs, and various species of birds and animals, making it a nature lover’s paradise.
The trek leads to a clearing where you will first glimpse the waterfall. The sight of the waterfall cascading down from a height of around 80 feet into a pool of crystal-clear water is simply awe-inspiring. Rocks and boulders surround the pool, and the sound of the waterfall reverberates across the valley, creating a serene and peaceful atmosphere.
The Mesmerizing Beauty of the Waterfall: An Unforgettable Sight
The beauty of Devkund Waterfall is truly mesmerizing and leaves an unforgettable impression on anyone who visits it. The waterfall, formed by the confluence of three small streams, cascades from a height of around 80 feet and creates a pool of crystal-clear water at the bottom.
The water at the waterfall is pristine and has a bluish-green tint, which adds to its charm. The sight of the waterfall against the backdrop of the lush green forest and hills is truly a sight to behold. The water cascading down the rocks creates a misty spray, and the sunlight filtering through the trees creates a beautiful play of light and shadow, making it a picture-perfect location.
One can sit by the waterfall for hours, listening to the sound of the water and feeling the cool mist on their face.
Trekking to Devkund Waterfall: A Thrilling Adventure
Trekking to Devkund Waterfall is a thrilling adventure that will excite any nature enthusiast or adventure seeker. The trek is around 4 kilometers long and takes 2 hours to complete. The trail passes through dense forests, rocky terrain, and a small stream, making it a challenging but exhilarating experience.
The trek starts from Bhira village, the base point for the trek. The trail is well-marked, and one can follow it without much difficulty. The initial part of the trek passes through dense forests, and the trail is dotted with various species of trees and shrubs. One can also spot different species of birds and animals along the way.
Exploring the Nearby Attractions: Adding More to Your Experience
Apart from the stunning Devkund Waterfall, one can explore several nearby attractions to add more to their experience. The top attractions that you can visit are listed below:
- Tamhini Ghat: Tamhini Ghat is a picturesque mountain pass on the western ghat mountain range. The area is known for its scenic views, waterfalls, and dense forests. It is a popular spot for road trips and is known for its trekking trails.
- Kundalika River: The Kundalika River is popular for rafting and other adventure activities. It is one of the fastest-flowing rivers in Maharashtra and offers a thrilling experience for adventure enthusiasts.
- Bhira Dam: Bhira Dam is located close to the Devkund Waterfall and is a popular spot for picnics and day trips. The dam is built over the Kundalika River and offers a serene and peaceful atmosphere.
Best Time to Visit Devkund Waterfall: Planning Your Trip Accordingly
The best time to visit Devkund Waterfall is during the post-monsoon season, from October to February. During this time, the weather is pleasant, and the water at the waterfall is crystal clear. The pool at the bottom of the waterfall is also visible, making it the ideal time to visit.
However, if you are a fan of monsoons, the monsoon season, which is from June to September, is also a great time to visit the waterfall. The waterfall is in full flow during this time, and seeing the water gushing down from a height is truly a sight to behold. However, trekking to the waterfall during the monsoon season can be challenging due to the slippery terrain and heavy rainfall.
In conclusion, Devkund Waterfall is a hidden gem in the Sahyadri mountain range of Maharashtra, India. Its a picturesque setting, crystal-clear water, and serene atmosphere make it a popular destination for nature lovers and adventure enthusiasts. Trekking to the waterfall is a thrilling adventure that offers breathtaking views of the surrounding forests and mountains. Visitors can also explore the nearby attractions, such as Tamhini Ghat, Kundalika River, Bhira Dam, Tamhini Waterfall, and Raigad Fort, to add more to their experience.
Also check : https://themagazinemodule.com/